Online Cricket Betting in India: Read Our Complete Guide
Online cricket betting is gaining in popularity in India. The truth is that online gambling has been popular worldwide for over two decades. The good news is that now Indian bettors can choose from many online cricket betting sites as an alternative to illegal betting outlets. They offer a safe betting environment for live cricket betting on bilateral contests between sides, especially in ODI and T20 cricket.
Many cricket bets are being placed on T20 league contests, such as the Indian Premier League (IPL). The increasing popularity of the format has led to T20 Leagues in various cricket playing nations: Australia has its Big Bash League. Other countries such as Pakistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka have begun their own T20 League tournaments that attract both international players and online gamblers.
Online Cricket Betting Sites
We outline some of the factors you must consider when you choose the best from various online cricket betting sites.
- The range and quality of bets offered – Does the site allow you to bet on the event of your choice? Make sure that the site you choose offers cricket odds on both international and domestic matches and allows you to make the cricket bet of your choosing.
- Comparative Odds – Often, you will find different odds offered on the same event by different bookies. You can benefit by comparing the odds offered and choosing the ones that could bring you the best earnings if you’re lucky enough.
- Betting Markets selection for the major fixtures – Not only do odds offered by various bookies vary but also the betting markets. Some sites may be more cricket friendly than others.
- The quality of the in-play betting platform – While most people prefer to bet on the outcome of matches or tournaments, in-play betting can keep you entertained throughout a game and boost your betting experience while you indulge in live cricket betting.
- Availability of live streaming – Live cricket streaming can make the betting experience much more fun, especially if you are doing it on the go, such as traveling home from work. Wherever you may be, you can watch the match live on your phone or laptop while you place your cricket bet.
- Reputation of the site – You can expect a reputed site to offer you a secure betting environment that guarantees the safety of your money and data, good customer care and support, and online betting promotions, bonuses and special surprises
Cricket Odds Explained
Various online betting sites may use different types of formats of cricket odds. Decimal and Fractional formats are the most popular. However, rest assured that you can get the same pay-out regardless of the format used.
Also known as UK odds, fractional odds are mainly used in the United Kingdom and Ireland. You will find this format easy to understand if you know probability theory. Bookies using this format represent the odds as fractions. For instance, if odds of 2/5 are offered on India beating Australia in a T20I match, it means that you can earn a profit of ₹2 on a bet of ₹5. You can get a total yield of ₹7 (2+5).
Decimal formats are the most popular worldwide. So, if the cricket odds of India beating Australia are represented as 1.5, your yield on a bet of ₹100 will be ₹150, and your net profit will be ₹50. You can calculate the net profit by subtracting your original stake of ₹100 from the pay-out of ₹150 (i.e. 150 – 100).
Most Popular Types of Cricket Bets
The outcome of a cricket match is the most popular market for a bettor. If it’s a one-day or T20 match, there are usually only two outcomes: one of the two sides will win. In a test match, there can be three outcomes: it can also end in a draw. You may also bet on the outcome of a bilateral series, such as a test series between India and Australia.
You may bet on who will score the most runs or take the most wickets in a match. You could also wager on which team will win a tournament such as the IPL. Such a bet would be placed on the outright winner, either before the competition started or during its course.
If you opted for tied match betting, you would be betting that a cricket match will end without result. This happens more often in a test match, although on a rare occasion, a tie may occur in a one-day or T20 game.
In a match, the top batsman is the one who scores the most runs. If you wanted to make such a bet, you would be best advised to choose one of the top three batsmen. This is especially so in a limited-overs match, where lower-order batsmen may not get as many overs to bat.
Handicap betting is a way of making a betting experience interesting when one side is much better than the other and is certain to win. For instance, in a one-day game between India and Zimbabwe, India would be considered much stronger and more likely to win. In such cases, you could bet on the margin of victory (i.e. by how many runs or wickets India will win the game.)
What do I need to register on online cricket betting sites?
All you need to do is to follow this step-by-step guide and you’ll be able to start your cricket betting adventure in no time:
- Create an Account
To create an account, you must furnish accurate personal information. You must not worry about the safety of your data. The government ensures it by regulating the encryption of data at online cricket betting sites.
- Deposit Money
Make your first deposit by using a proven safe method — such as NETELLER or SKRILL — to transfer the staked amount into the chosen agency account.
- Select Payment Option
To make a deposit on your account you must log in using your registered username and password. Name the payment agency, such as NETELLER or SKRILL, you plan to use. Once the transaction is over, you will receive a notification from the site.
- Place Your Bet
After the deposit, you can place your bet. You can withdraw any winnings by transferring them to your bank account via NETELLER or SKRILL.
- Complete KYC
Provide appropriate documents in addition to a utility bill to prove your identity. The site may ask for a bank account statement within a specified time to help verify your address.
Online Cricket Betting FAQ
There are some common questions that many newcomers to online cricket betting would like to hear answered:
How does online cricket betting work?
The process is much simpler than you think. You can use your phone or computer to visit online cricket betting sites. Register at your chosen site, create a user-id and password. Deposit the amount you want to stake. Choose the event and place your bet. The whole process will take only a few minutes.
What is live cricket betting?
Live cricket betting takes place when you bet on a match as it unfolds. For instance, you may bet on how many runs will be scored in the next over, or whether a wicket will fall. This can make betting on an otherwise boring game a fun experience.
Which sites provide cricket streaming services?
Many sites offer cricket streaming that allows bettors like you to watch the match alongside the live cricket odds. So, there is no need for you to sit in front of your television while deciding on a cricket bet.
How do I choose the best online cricket betting sites?
Consider these factors before you choose one of many reputed online betting sites:
- Does your chosen site offer the most favourable odds?
- Are the payment methods secure?
- Does it offer the tournaments/ contests you want to bet on?
- Is there live betting?
- Can you cash out?
- Can you opt for high betting limits?